How many courses would you recommend for a student who is working full time and has various commitments?
What is the attendance policy? If I have an urgent meeting or am overseas and cannot attend some classes, will there be make-up classes available and will my grade be affected?
- Go to WebOPAC https://bgst.vlibonline.com
- Click on “Loan Activities” on the left
- Key in your Member ID
- If you do not have a password:
- Click “Logon”.
- You will be brought to a “Change Password” page.
- Please change your password and “Logon”.
1. Membership expired before item due date. Action: Contact library staff
2. Items have been renewed on the same day.
3. Items have exceeded renewal limit of 5 times. Action: Contact library staff.
4. Items have been reserved by another library member. Action: Please return items as soon as possible.
1. Launch BGST website: http://bgst.edu.sg
2. Select “Search Catalogue”
3. Select “EBSCO HOST” icon on the bottom left Menu.
4. Key in the user id and password and login.
5. Key-in search terms and you may in Limit Your Result section select Full-Text.
There are a number of ways you can go about doing this.
1. If you are searching for articles in a particular journal, start with the BGST periodical compilation or the OPAC.
2. Identify if the journal title is listed in EBSCO Host. If so, proceed to use EBSCO Host to check for volume and issue number availability and proceed to view the full-text articles.
3. If it is not available in full-text, proceed to note the citation from the index, taking information such as year, volume, no., title and author.
4.Then check if the journal, year, volume and number are available at BGST. If available go to the shelves to browse these articles.
5. If not available, check the other institutions listed in the BGST periodical compilation. If available, seek the library staff advice on how to proceed to the institution to view the articles.
The above is a brief reply. For assistance, please seek our friendly library staff for advice.
Web OPAC has a few search capabilities :
– Click on to the SEARCH icon, three search fields with drop down menu will be provided. This allows you to do 3 Boolean searches with 17 selections in each of them. Always start with the 1st search field.
– The search can be further defined by selecting the information type at the bottom of the page. Note : The keywords in Keywords in Title, Subject, Author field selection should be from only one of the three fields. To search for keywords across different selections use the other 2 search fields.
– Another way is to use the Browse link on the left frame of the page. It enables you to browse by call no., ISBN no. and ISSN no.
– Finally, you can search for items using the Authority List link on the left frame of the page. It enables you to browse the author authority list, subject authority list and the series authority list.
This feature is for members, students, faculty and staff only. You need to have a library card to proceed. This feature is to enable you :
– to check your loan status such as the title of the items borrowed and the due date.
-to renew your borrowed items.
-to check if the items you booked or reserved are confirmed and available.
-to check the bibliography of items you have saved in your TREASURE CHEST.
You will need your library card to do this. First select the items you want to add into the chest by using the mouse to click on the square box located on the left of each selected item. Then click on to the Treasure Chest icon. Your library card barcode will be requested and after keying in the required information, your selected items will be added to the Treasure Chest.