[Past Event] Seeking God’s Purposes for our Work
Workshop [Past Event] Seeking God’s Purposes for our WorkJuly 12 2023 | 07:30 AM (GMT+8)
July 12 2023 | 09:30 AM (GMT+8)
In our post-pandemic world, work has not only become busier, but also more complex and challenging. Often, this makes our work feel meaningless. How should we understand our work? What is God’s purposes for it? How can our work help us grow and mature in our Christian faith? Join us as we explore how our work and industry matter to God, and how work can be our means of seeking the welfare of our city (Jer 29:7).
This workshop is organised in collaboration with GBN Marketplace Ministry.
Register for this event at: bit.ly/gbn-flourishatwork-1
BGST, GBN and FaithX (‘BGF’) respects the privacy of the personal information of its students. We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information entrusted to us. In line with that commitment, we seek to be transparent and accountable with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and security of personal information.
By registering for this event, I give permission to BGF to collect, use, disclose or otherwise process said personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). I acknowledge that the following terms apply to all my personal data currently in possession by the three parties.
1. That BGF shall seek my consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using my personal data for a purpose which I have not been notified to (except where permitted or authorised by law).
2. That BGF may from time to time use my personal data for (but not confined to) the following purposes:
* performing obligations in the course of/or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by myself;
* verifying my identity;
* responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from myself;
* managing my relationship with BGF;
* processing payment or credit transactions;
* sending information and conducting surveys about BGST's courses/programmes/activities/events/news;
* complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
* any other purposes for which I have provided the information;
Location: 114 Lavender Street , CT Hub 2 #13-71 Singapore 338729
Lecturer : Lai Pak Wah
Principal and Lecturer, Church History and Marketplace Theology
Pak-Wah is BGST’s Principal and Lecturer of Church History and Historical Theology. He also serves as an elder at Mt Carmel Bible Presbyterian Church where he worships and oversees the church’s Hybrid Church Initiative. His interest is the very heart of BGST’s mission: which is to help Christians make sense of their faith at work, church and society. Previously, Pak Wah engaged in investment promotion work with the Singapore Economic Development Board (SEDB) and was a full-time lecturer at the School of Business, Singapore Polytechnic. He is the author of The Dao of Healing: Christian Perspective of Chinese Medicine, and a certified Belbin coach. Pak-Wah holds a PhD from Durham University, UK. He enjoys engaging in Chinese culture and playing the cello.
Lecturer : Ms Cheng Limin
Ms Cheng is Director of Revenue and Raffles Services at the Raffles Hotel. With more than 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, she has also worked in Marina Bay Sands in a wide range of hospitality services, from marketing, distribution management to revenue management. A graduate of Blue Mountains Hotel School, Ms Cheng believes that she is called to the hospitality industry where she can best lead and serve others for the sake of Christ.