Certificate in Theological Studies (CTS)
Some Christians desire to know more about the history of the church, spiritual formation and how Christianity can shape their lives. The CTS is designed with these individuals in mind.
The CTS is right for you if:
- You have no background in theological training
- You are interested in Christian history, spirituality, and faith
- You want a taste of theological training
- You prefer a shorter programme
Students can choose to take more than one BGST Certificate. To do so, overlapping courses may be substituted by courses from the same course category.
The credits earned through this certificate are transferable to our accredited diploma and masters programmes.
Churches may collaborate with BGST to offer these certificates as part of their theological education initiatives.
One year to two years (part-time).
- Applicants must have completed a minimum A-levels
- The minimum average grade for graduation is B- or (GPA of 2.8).
Proof of English proficiency may be required for international students
- TOEFL Required Scores:
- Paper-based = 550 points
- Computer-based = 213 points
- Internet-based = 78 points
- IELTS Required Score: 6
To be eligible to graduate with a Certificate, a student must have:
- Satisfactorily completed all requirements (12 credits) for the programme by the end of April
- Attained a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8
- Submitted a completed Application for Graduation form to the Registrar’s Office by
31 March of the year they wish to graduate
- No outstanding payments to BGST
Full CTS (12 credits) S$ 1,620 (1,822.50*) Full Payment
Fee per 3 credit/audit module S$450 / S$240
Fee per 1.5 credit/audit module S$225 / S$120
*Each student in CS102 receives one-on-one mentoring from a Spiritual Director. Thus, the fee for this optional course is S$450.00.
- Biblical Interpretation and Hermeneutics (HE101) 3cr
- Christian Spirituality I AND II (CS101 AND CS102*) OR
Vocation, Work And Ministry I AND II (MM101A AND MM101B) 3cr
- Introduction to Christian Theology (TS101) 3cr
- History of Christianity I OR II (CH101 OR CH102) 3cr
Credits earned from certificates are transferable to the BGST diplomas and masters programmes. Upon successful completion of either the CBS or CTS, students will have completed over 1/3 of the requirements for the GradDipCS.
CTS Certificate of Participation
Students who audit all 12 credits required for this certificate can apply to receive a Certificate of Participation. This is subject to them fulfilling a 75% attendance record for each of the courses.