Certificate in Biblical Studies (CBS)
Many Christians want to dig deeper into Scripture but do not know where to start. The CBS is an excellent first step to better understanding the Bible. Not only will students learn about Scripture, they will also learn how to interact with, unpack and apply biblical history and teachings.
A certificate is right for you if:
- You want a taste of theological training
- You prefer a shorter programme
- You want a deeper understanding of Scripture
Students can choose to take more than one BGST Certificate. To do so, overlapping courses may be substituted by courses from the same course category.
The credits earned through this certificate are transferable to our accredited diploma and master’s programmes.
Churches may collaborate with BGST to offer these certificates as part of their theological education initiatives.
One year to two years (part-time).
- Applicants must have completed a minimum A-levels
- The minimum average grade for graduation is B- or (GPA of 2.8).
Proof of English proficiency may be required for international students
TOEFL Required Scores:
- Paper-based = 550 points
- Computer-based = 213 points
- Internet-based = 78 points
- IELTS Required Score: 6
To be eligible to graduate with a Certificate, a student must have:
- Satisfactorily completed all requirements (12 credits) for the programme by the end of April
- Attained a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8
- Submitted a completed Application for Graduation form to the Registrar’s Office by 31 March of the year they wish to graduate
- No outstanding payments to BGST
Full CBS (12 credits) S$ 1,620 Full Payment
Fee per 3 credit/audit module S$450 / S$240
Fee per 1.5 credit/audit module S$225 / S$120
- Biblical Interpretation and Hermeneutics (HE101) 3cr
- Christian Spirituality I AND II (CS101 AND CS102*) 3cr
- Old Testament Foundations I (OT101) 3cr
- New Testament Foundations I & II (NT101) OR
New Testament Foundations II (NT102) 3cr
Credits earned from certificates are entirely transferable to BGST diplomas and masters programmes. Upon successful completion of either the CBS or CTS, students will have completed over 1/3 of the requirements for the GradDipCS.
CBS Certificate of Participation (COP)
Students who audit all 12 credits required for this certificate can apply to receive a Certificate of Participation. This is subject to them fulfilling a 75% attendance record for each of the courses.