- How to change my library membership password?
- How to install Greek and Hebrew fonts for Win7 OS?
- How to install Greek and Hebrew fonts for WinXP OS?
- How to access full-text journal articles?
- Why is there a second "Sign In" in Ebsco Host?
- How do I renew my loan items?
- How do I access ATLA and ATLAS database? / What is ATLA? What is ATLAS? What is EBSCO Host?
- How to go about searching for jouranl articles?
1. How to change my library membership password?
Ans: View video
2. How to install Greek and Hebrew fonts for Win7 OS?
Download fonts from http://www.bgst.edu.sg/lib/fonts.htm
Just copy the font to the Font Directory located at C:\Windows\Fonts which will install it for the system to use or just right click on the font and select COPY then:
- Click on START.
- Click on CONTROL PANEL.
- Click on FONTS
- Right click on blank space in FONT directory and select PASTE to paste the font there.
- Select font by clicking on the links above.
- Select a folder to save the font to or create a new folder.
- Select save.
- Save this font to disk and click OK.
- Go to Control Panel and select the icon FONT.
- When the FONT window opens, go to the taskbar at the top and select file and select install new fonts.
- When another window opens, go to the font folder as selected or created in step 2 and the fonts availabe for installation will be listed there.
- Select the fonts and click on the OK icon.
The fonts are now installed and available for your use.
4.How to access full-text journal articles?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for your user id and password. Upon receiving the info:
- Launch BGST website: http://bgst.edu.sg
- Select "Search Catalogue"
- Select "EBSCO HOST" icon on the bottom left Menu.
- Key in the user id and password and login.
- Key-in search terms and you may in Limit Your Result section select Full Text.
5. Why is there a second "Sign In" in Ebsco Host?
The second "Sign In" located on the top right hand corner after the EBSCO Host log-in is for the user to access to their personalized My EBSCO host account. This includes:
- Save preferences
- Share your folders with others
- Save and retrieve your search history
- Gain access to your saved research remotely
- Organize your research with folders
- View others' folders
- Create email alerts and/or RSS feeds
6. How do I renew my loan items?
Ans. Step 1: Click on "Search Catalogue" on the top menu bar at http://bgst.edu.sg . Then click on "Loan Activities" on the left hand menu of the new window.
EBSCO Host is an application of EBSCO Publishing. They are an arregator of premium full-text content. EBSCO Publishing's core business is providing online databases via EBSCOhost to libraries worldwide.
ATLA stands for the American Theological Library Association Religion Index. They contain citations of many Christian journals. Catholic Periodical Index is another similar database.
ATLAS stands for the American Theological Library Association Serials. This is a subset of ATLA and contains full-text journal articles of some of those journals that are index in ATLA.
Students may request to access ATLA and ATLAS databases through EBSCO Host aggregator by sending an email to : email@example.com
When you receive your user id and password, goto http://bgst.edu.sg , select “Search Catalogue” from the top menu bar. Select “EBSCO Host” icon from the bottom left of the search catalogue window. Key in your user id and password and select LOGIN in the new window.
- If you are searching for articles in a particular journal, start with the BGST periodical compilation or the OPAC.
- Identify if the journal title is listed in ATLAS (American Theological Library Association) Religion Index Serials hosted by EBSCO Host. If so, proceed to use EBSCO Host to check for volume and issue number availability and proceed to view the full-text articles.
- If it is not available in full-text, proceed to note the citation from the index, taking information such as year, volume, no., title and author.
- Then check if the journal, year, volume and number are available in BGST. If available go to the shelves to browse these articles.
- If not available, check the other institutions listed in the BGST periodical compilation. If available seek the library staff advice on how to proceed to the institution to view the articles.
The above is a brief reply. For assistance, please seek our friendly library staff for advice.